Monday, May 03, 2010

New Campaign

As I said before, I was waiting for my group to complete the Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk module in order to begin a new campaign but, since we're not gaming as often as I'd like so finishing the module will take longer than I expected, I decided to start a new group for my Labyrinth Lord campaign.

I'm planning to also set it in the World of Greyhawk, more specifically in the legendary Archbarony of Blackmoor. It's a region in which, after all these years gaming in this world, I've never played nor DMed so it's a bit of a challenge. So far I've found a great article on the Oerth Journal #5 detailing the whole region and a low-level adventure on Dragon Magazine #115 called "Raiders of the Black Ice" (thanks to Bubbagump @ Canonfire!) which I'll have to convert from 3.5e to LL but that's no stress. I've also purchased from Faster Monkey Games a couple of adventures compatible with LL called "The Hidden Serpent" and "Wheel of Evil" (well done Bighara!) which I plan to adapt to the setting.

I know that Blackmoor has a strong component of sci-fi which I still haven't decided what to do with it, since the combination of medieval fantasy and sci-fi is not my cup of tea. Perhaps I'll check with my group to see if they like that or jump right into the water and see what happens. Of the people I've contacted so far only two have played both pen&paper and online RPGs before and only one in the World of Greyhawk. The rest are new to board RPGs but all play World of Warcraft online.

I plan it to be a sandbox game with the group starting in some whaling village on the wind-swept shores of the Icy Sea. Let's see what the future holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

1e (15) 2e (11) 3.5e (18) 5e (3) ACKS (2) Ars Magica (2) art (1) AS&SH (1) ASE (1) BFRPG (1) Black Hack (1) Black Sun Deathcrawl (1) Blackmoor (14) Blades in the Dark (1) blogs (2) Board games (1) Books (17) BRP (1) Caballeros de Montevideo (2) Castle Amber (2) Castle Zagyg (9) Characters (46) Comics (2) Contest (13) Convention (8) D&D (7) d30 (1) DCC (28) Deadlands (1) Delta Green (1) Delving Deeper (1) dice tower (1) Dragon (4) Dragonlance (1) Drawings (6) Dresden Files (1) DSR (2) Dungeon (2) Dungeon Contest (8) Dungeon Lord (1) Dwimmermount (2) Dying Earth (1) Ennies (4) Era (2) FLAILSNAILS (16) Games (3) GAMMA World (1) GaryCon (2) GenCon (3) Google Wave (9) Google+ (37) Greyhawk (46) GURPS (4) Gygax (11) hangout (34) high level (1) HMS Apollyon (2) hobbit (1) Hollowpoint (3) Holmes (1) homebrew (1) Humor (2) Inspiration (1) Kalmatta (4) kids (3) Labyrinth Lord (28) Lamentations of the Flame Princess (6) Lego (1) Magic item (2) maps (2) Marvel (1) Maure Castle (6) Maze Rats (1) medieval (3) megadungeon (2) Metal Gods of Ur-Hadad (11) MicroLite74 (1) Middle Earth (1) Millenium's End (4) miniatures (3) MMO (1) module (1) movie (2) Mutants and Masterminds (1) Mythmere Games (1) Never Going Home (1) Nimue (3) NYNG (2) Oerth Journal (1) Old-School (15) OPDC (2) Oriental Adventures (3) OSE (1) OSR (18) OSRIC (6) Pathfinder (1) Patreon (1) playtest (1) quotes (4) Ramblings (16) Rifts (1) RPG (28) Rules (4) Rust (3) Saints & Sinners (1) sandbox (14) SS&SS (2) Star Wars (3) Swords and Wizardry (2) The Day After Ragnarok (1) TMNT (1) Transformers (1) Traveler (1) Ultima (4) Update (3) Wampus Country (2) Warhammer (2) WIAB (2) word count (2) World Cup (13) WoTC (6) zine (2)