Saturday, March 10, 2012

Answering Brendan's 20 questions


You can look at Brendan's original post here.

  1. Ability scores generation method? 
    • 4d6 drop lower.
  2. How are death and dying handled? 
    • You're disabled at 0 hp, unconscious at 1- and dead at -10 hp.
  3. What about raising the dead?
    • If you can find a cleric powerful enough and can pay him, you're back!
  4. How are replacement PCs handled? 
    • Just roll another and you're back in.
  5. Initiative: individual, group, or something else? 
    • Individual.
  6. Are there critical hits and fumbles? How do they work? 
    • 1 always misses. 20 always hits and you can choose double damage or roll damage dice twice.
  7. Do I get any benefits for wearing a helmet?
    • Yes.
  8. Can I hurt my friends if I fire into melee or do something similarly silly?
    • Yes you certainly can.
  9. Will we need to run from some encounters, or will we be able to kill everything?
    • It's your choice, you can run or you can try kill everything.
  10. Level-draining monsters: yes or no?
    • Yes.
  11. Are there going to be cases where a failed save results in PC death?
    • Yes.
  12. How strictly are encumbrance & resources tracked?
    • Resources closely tracked. Encumbrance more lightly.
  13. What's required when my PC gains a level? Training? Do I get new spells automatically? Can it happen in the middle of an adventure, or do I have to wait for down time?
    • You don't need to train to gain new level but you have to wait for down time.
  14. What do I get experience for?
    • Treasure, defeating monsters (killing, bypassing, negotiating), cool ideas.
  15. How are traps located? Description, dice rolling, or some combination?
    • Give me a description of what you're looking for and what you're doing, and I'll let you roll.
  16. Are retainers encouraged and how does morale work?
    • They are and the retainer's morale is the character's charisma score.
  17. How do I identify magic items?
    • Using them or by magic.
  18. Can I buy magic items? Oh, come on: how about just potions?
    • In 3.5 yes. In LL no, just potions.
  19. Can I create magic items? When and how?
    • Yes you can. At the appropriate level, in a proper lab.
  20. What about splitting the party?
    • Sure, be my guest. Mmmwhawhahaha!!